    1st it blew up my AMD 2800+ Cpu.

    now my system hangs, reboots, more then is good :(

    Anyone has troubles with this 2

    VenimK, Aug 12, 2003

  2. VenimK

    Jim Milner Guest

    I had trouble with the board shutting down and starting. When I'd attempt
    to shut it down, the fans would start to spin up for a second, then spin
    down . . . back and forth, cycling between starting up and shutting down.
    After unplugging and plugging in the power cord MANY times, this problem
    would/might stop and I could start my system again. Very weird. Also, the
    serial ports refused to recognize ANY serial device, even though Devise
    Manager indicated that the ports were present and functioning correctly.

    Tested the power supply and swapped out ALL components and the problem
    persisted. Funny thing is, this would only occur when I had the system
    pretty much loaded, as if there had to be a current draw threshold for the
    problem to manifest. Again, I know it's not the PS or limited available
    wattage (400W) 'cause I put together another system using the same PS and
    that system was much more loaded (RAID, etc.).

    I sent for a new board. Guess we'll find out what happens.

    jim

    Jim Milner, Aug 12, 2003

  3. VenimK

    James Guest

    maybe u have this worm thats about it basicly keeps restartin ppl's machines

    James, Aug 12, 2003
  4. VenimK

    Jim Milner Guest

    no, this is a hardware problem