    eurolink Guest

    I canot instal win 98 or xp, my pc froze when try to install the os.
    I have flash the bios but it not solve the problem.

    eurolink, Apr 11, 2005

  2. eurolink

    DaveL Guest

    Could be bad or incompatible memory. Run Memtest86. Or may a bad hard
    drive. Run the HD manufacturer's utility disk. Try another cdrom drive.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Apr 11, 2005

  3. eurolink

    Travis King Guest

    My first guess is the HD, second guess is the RAM, and only then would I say
    it's the mobo...

    Travis King, Apr 17, 2005
  4. eurolink

    mitrovskiigi

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Answer

    I have the same motherboard and I also have this problem. I don't know why but it just refuse to work with MCP SATA enabled. If you have ATA HDD you can the easiest way is to disable this feature in BIOS. If you have SATA HDD connect it on SIL3114 controler and disable MCP SATA in BIOS. I solved this problem by instaling win98 on ATA HDD and XP on SATA HDD.

    mitrovskiigi, Aug 4, 2006