    have been using the computer without any problems for several years now

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks for your help

    mgammans, Jun 12, 2005

  2. mgammans

    Windmolen Guest

    You may have leaking capacitators. It's a common problem with this
    motherboard.

    Jan

    Windmolen, Jun 13, 2005

  3. mgammans

    Mike M. Guest

    Yes, look for swollen and/or leaking capacitors. My 8KHA+ died after
    several years of reliable service. Epox says tough sh*t.

    Mike M., Jun 15, 2005
  4. mgammans

    Windmolen Guest

    Not Epox in The Netherlands. They charged me 10 euros to repair it.

    Jan

    Jan

    Windmolen, Jun 15, 2005
  5. mgammans

    mgammans Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for your help, I think the problem is leaking capacitors, but I
    don't know if the following is a contributing factor. For a couple of
    months before the computer stopped working, everytime I swtiched it on
    I would have to reset the computer to the correct time and date. Is
    this connected or a seperate issue?

    Thanks for your help

    mgammans, Jun 19, 2005
  6. bad battery?