EPoX Support update for 04/05/2004

Discussion in 'Epox' started by EPoX Tech, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. EPoX Tech

    EPoX Tech Guest

    New Product - EPoX EP-8KDA3+
    NVIDIA nForce3-250 Socket 754 with audio, SATA, 1GbE LAN
    http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3plus

    New Product - EPoX EP-P4X533I
    VIA P4X533 Socket 478 with Audio, LAN, SATA, ATX
    http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?id=EP-P4X533I

    New Product - EPoX EP-4PDA5+
    Intel i865PE Socket 478 with 8CH Audio, GbE, LAN, SATA RAID
    http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?id=EP-4PDA5plus

    New Product - EPoX EP-EX5300N
    eX5-300N Mini ME PC for AMD Athlon XP
    http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?id=EP-EX5300N

    New Product - EPoX EP-EX5320N
    eX5-320N Mini ME PC for AMD Athlon XP
    http://www.epox.com/USA/product.asp?id=EP-EX5320N

    03/23/2004 BIOS for EPoX EP-8K9A7I
    http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?id=1662

    04/30/2004 BIOS for EPoX EP-4PDA5+
    http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?id=1663

    NVIDIA nForce Unified Driver (Windows XP 64-bit for EPoX EP-8KDA3+)
    http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?id=1656

    Marvell 88E8001 Network Driver (for EPoX EP-4PDA5+)
    http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?id=1655

    Specifications subject to change without notice.

    Visit the EPoX store: EPoXStore.com stocks all those hard to find
    motherboard accessories... BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much
    more! Also find wireless and bluetooth products.
    http://www.epoxstore.com

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    EPoX Tech, Apr 5, 2004

  2. EPoX Tech

    Guest Guest

    My own personal opinion:
    It may be better to limit the amount of commercial advertising you use this
    group for. While its fantastic to have technical support available, one
    must try to follow 'netiquette' which would limit the group from excessive
    posting and specifically commercial ads. I realize the group pertains to
    EPoX, but that doesn't open the door for repetitive OEM ads. Perhaps I am
    alone in my thoughts, but you're about to land in my filter basket. I
    personally like to view the technical postings along with Q&A and ak
    questions or provide support where I can. The Tech in 'EPoX Tech' should
    be to provide technical assistance. Maybe 'EPoX Marketing and Adverstising'
    would have been a more appropriate title. I suspect most readers know where
    the website is, and how to get to the EPoX store by now. In fact, the
    signature you use is misleading in that is blends into your reponses and may
    send readers to your store looking for 'technical solutions'. Just my cent
    and a half.

    Guest, Apr 6, 2004

  3. EPoX Tech

    Fish Guest

    [snip]

    Give the guy a chance. This ng has a worldwide readership. For many
    folks, there may well be more information on this ng and on the US
    website than there will be closer to home. Epox haven't been exactly
    high-profile in some Western countries over the past couple of years but
    with the new mobos, the graphics cards and their mini-me series they
    have quite a lot to shout about now.

    :)

    Fish

    Fish, Apr 6, 2004
  4. EPoX Tech

    DaveL Guest

    His posts are alway on topic so don't be an ass.

    Dave

    DaveL, Apr 6, 2004
  5. EPoX Tech

    EPoX Tech Guest

    Hi

    Sorry you feel that way. However, tech support gets constant questions
    about where to buy cables, BIOS, etc for EPoX products. So I feel it's
    very EPoX related, applicable and relevant. Also its permitted under
    the charter for this group that I wrote back in 1998 to get it
    propagated on the Usenet. I will rewrite the sig to make it more
    clear.

    "Advertising: Short (less than 20 line) announcements relevant to
    readers are
    permitted; blatant off-topic advertising from any source is not."

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=epox+charter

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard
    accessories... BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more!
    https://www.epoxstore.com

    EPoX Tech, Apr 6, 2004
  7. EPoX Tech

    Guest Guest

    <snip>
    <snip>
    <snip>

    I'll bid farewell, with a closing statement. EPoX vanished form North
    America leaving those of us loyal to the product here looking for support
    (retail and technical). I >strongly< welcomed the EPoX TECHnical support
    back (and will give credit for your presence in other forums for several
    years), and hoped for an EPoX come-back. The product is superior. My hope
    was that the commercial advertising could be limited within this group. Its
    also why I had asked previously if it is a moderated forum (which it isn't).
    It is clear that the charter allows advertising, and given that you wrote
    the charter you certainly have every right to continue doing so. Your
    signature is better now that is is separated, but still you've emphasized
    your preference for the relevance of advertising. Apparently I'm an ass for
    suggesting its inappropriate (yet on-topic). Oh well...

    I suppose my opinion is that technical assistance is more relevant than
    advertising, and more powerful in terms of increasing customer satisfaction
    and respect. A simple link back to the www.epox.com webpage is all that is
    needed in the sig to give people direction on news items, new product
    offerings, and where to buy bios/cables, etc.. Thats the intention of a
    webpage, and newsletter etc..

    I've had ONLY epox mobos in my personal machines for the last many years
    (vintage K5/6 onwards), and have built many for others etc........ maybe I
    am an ass. I'll go read the spam in my inbox instead.

    No use flaming me.... I'm outta here.

    Guest, Apr 7, 2004
  8. EPoX Tech

    PJx Guest

    Good Riddance.
    I appreciated the post you complained about. Copied it to my
    notepad.

    Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

    Pj

    PJx, Apr 8, 2004
  9. AMDRules@H_o_t_m_a_i_l.com wrote:

    STFU. That is all.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Apr 8, 2004
  10. EPoX Tech

    EPoX Tech Guest

    Sorry you feel that way. You were a valued asset to this group.

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    EPoX Tech, Apr 12, 2004