eroor "illegal command" loading kernel linux

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by sacarde, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. sacarde

    sacarde Guest

    Hi,
    on my Sun Ultra10 sparc, I have installed linux-ubuntu-sparc-6.06.1,
    and runs OK.

    then I add a IDE-disk-driver and install opensolaris-b39 to this

    when I reboot

    if I try to load linux from disk or from cdrom I have error when kernel
    is loading:

    illegal instruction and STOP

    what happen ?

    can you help me ?

    thankyou

    sacarde, Jan 21, 2007

  2. sacarde

    sacarde Guest

    may be openboot 3.19 has to be upgraded ?

    how can I upgrade o U10 ?

    p.s.
    openbsd-sparc boots OK
    opensolaris boots OK

    sacarde, Jan 21, 2007

  3. sacarde

    Claus Dragon Guest

    Then your linux CD has a problem.
    --
    Claus Dragon <>
    =(UDIC)=

    - Me, lately.

    Claus Dragon, Jan 21, 2007
  4. sacarde

    sacarde Guest

    linux installation on disk0 has some problem

    sacarde, Jan 21, 2007
  5. sacarde

    sacarde Guest

    booting with a new cdrom linux-T2-ultrasparc
    I chroot into hard drive
    I reinstall SILO (same version)

    and now it WORK OK

    thankyou