    --
    From _Christopher (M2M).
    RefCode:vvBcdeTFFb94
    void DeadEnds() {for(;;);} // :)

    If replying by email please include ##!71; on the subject line followed
    by your subject, any post without the ##!71; tag WILL be deleted.
    I.e. "##!71; Thanks for the help."

    _Christopher \(M2M\), Nov 23, 2003

  2. _Christopher \(M2M\)

    Joan Guest

    Did you make the Dos boot disk and run the program from Dos? In the
    bios make sure you have the floppy disk as first to boot from. The Dell
    Utility partition will not be affected. I'm assuming you are try to run
    the program from within Windows.

    Joan

    Joan, Nov 23, 2003

  3. _Christopher \(M2M\)

    Joan Guest

    Check this out from Powerquest. That maybe your problem.

    Joan

    Solution: Error 1513 Bad attribute position in file record

    Fix for PartitionMagic 8.0 users:

    1. Make sure the latest PartitionMagic 8.0 patch has been applied.

    a. In PartitionMagic, select Help > About.

    b. Make sure the version number is 8.01 or 8.02. If it is not,
    download the PartitionMagic 8.0 patch file, unzip it, and run update.exe.

    2. Contact PowerQuest Technical Support to obtain the Error 1513 patch
    for your language version of PartitionMagic 8.0.

    3. Extract the Error 1513 patch to a temporary location on your hard drive.

    4. Following the instructions in the patch's readme file, replace the
    PartitionMagic files on your hard drive with the new files included with
    the Error 1513 patch.

    Fix for VolumeManager 2.0 users (The patch for Error 1513 for
    VolumeManager is available in English only).

    1. In VolumeManager, select Help > About. The build number should be
    Build 320.

    2. Contact PowerQuest Technical Support to obtain the Error 1513 patch
    (patch only available in English) for VolumeManager 2.0.

    3. Extract the patch to a temporary location on your hard drive.

    4. Following the instructions in the patch's readme file, replace the
    VolumeManager files on your hard drive with the new files included with
    the Error 1513 patch.

    TIP: After you apply the Error 1513 patch and before you run your
    PowerQuest product, we recommend that you run CHKDSK on your hard
    drives. For instructions on running CHKDSK, see PowerQuest Solution 2553.

    Problem Description:
    Error 1513 Bad attribute position in file record
    Error "Bad attribute position in file record"
    Error 1513
    EA3905E9

    Problem Environment
    PartitionMagic
    VolumeManager

    Cause(s) of the problem
    A file record's first attribute begins after the end of the attribute.
    Error 1513 can occur in Windows 2000/XP because of a new file record
    format (called the "i-node" format) that has been added to Windows
    2000/XP. When PowerQuest products detect this new format, they interpret
    it as an Error 1513.

    Joan, Nov 23, 2003
  4. I have already added that patch that way I have Version 8.01 but I still get
    the same error.
    I get the same error if I do it from DOS (using PartitionMagic boot discs).

    From _Christopher (M2M).
    RefCode:5Vcbf4TDDh53

    _Christopher \(M2M\), Nov 23, 2003
  5. I have already added that patch that way I have Version 8.01 but I still get
    the same error.
    I get the same error if I do it from DOS (using PartitionMagic boot discs).

    --
    From _Christopher (M2M).
    RefCode:vHd3xcTVxfr4

    _Christopher \(M2M\), Nov 23, 2003