    Is this because Tablet PC XP is different? What can I do?
    I notice in the TCPIP properties box I have an Internet TCPIP & an Microsoft
    TCPIP Version 6 do I want one or both of them? Help please!

    rdavis9345, Sep 19, 2004

  2. rdavis9345

    Chris H. Guest

    Rich, I don't have both, only the original TCP/IP. How about going into
    Network Connections, right-click the icon representing your LAN connection
    and select Properties. Then remove both items (if both are still showing)
    and then restarting your system. Then try reinstalling the TCP/IP (Non-v6
    version).

    Chris H., Sep 19, 2004

  3. rdavis9345

    rdavis9345 Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to uninstall the TCP/IP Version 6 but
    when I clink on the other TCP/IP uninstall is not an option. I read in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base that: "In Windows XP, the TCP/IP stack is a core
    componet of the operating system. Therefore, you cannot remove TCP/IP".
    Although I was able to remove Version 6.

    After reboot I tried my internet connection to no avail and the ip address
    that XP generates is not the one that used to work and continues to work on
    the other two computers and the host in my internet connection sharing
    network.

    According to the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article (817571) after removing
    Winsock and Winsock2 from my registry I should be able to install a new
    TCP\IP on top of the one that is there by "clinking Properties" (on the Lacal
    Area Connection), then "click Install"; then "click Protocol"; then "Add";
    then "Have Disk" and then "In the Copy manufacturer's files from box, type
    System_Drive_Letter:\windows\inf), and then click OK…but the message I get
    is: “The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.â€

    Rich

    rdavis9345, Sep 20, 2004
  4. rdavis9345

    Chris H. Guest

    Rich, I don't have the 3500 to offer you a comparison, but suggest you try
    going to Start/Run and type in "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotes).
    Then restart the system and see if it'll give you the TCP/IP install again.

    If it doesn't, call the Toshiba support (1-800-457-7777). I believe they
    may easily be able to lead you through the fix required.

    Chris H., Sep 20, 2004
  5. rdavis9345

    rdavis9345 Guest

    Chris, I did the "netsh" but got the same result as doing ipconfig release &
    then renew...ie, I still can not connect with my network? Thanks Rich

    rdavis9345, Sep 21, 2004
  6. rdavis9345

    Chris H. Guest

    Rich, I've since run across an issue of people having Trojan infections on
    their systems, and those have blocked the proper update to the TCP/IP stack.
    I'd suggest you back out of the installation, then check out the information
    here: http://www.aumha.org/secure.htm especially the use of AdAware. Make
    sure your system is absolutely clean before installing SP2 and the Tablet PC
    Edition 2005.

    Chris H., Sep 21, 2004