Error in A7N8X Dlx Manual For USB 5,6 with an Antec Case

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Montana Mike, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Montana Mike

    Montana Mike Guest

    I'm using an Antec SX835 II Case with front USB 2.0 and firewire connectors,
    along with the A7N8X dlx ( 2.0) and a Barton 2500.

    The problem was neither of the front USB ports worked. They would both
    recognize a device like a pen drive, but would give an error that it was not
    installed correctly.

    The Fix:

    In the ASUS book, on page 31 where it shows the USB56 connector, it says pin
    9 is NC - not connected. The Antec case wiring has 9 wires - 3 of which are
    grounds, ground 1, ground 2 and another ground 1 with 2 wires in it. The
    Antec manual on page 2 says " on some motherboards one or two pins may be
    marked NC. You don't need to use it. Don't worry, you only need 8 pins to
    connect." This is Not True! Once I hooked up the "extra" ground with the 2
    wires in it to the NC pin 9, the ports started working.

    Hope that helps someone else avoid any headaches trying to get their front
    USB with an Antec case.

    mike in montana

    Montana Mike, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Montana Mike

    rstlne Guest

    This is more of a Antec problem than an asus one, I also email'd them about
    this issue and got no reply from them at all, in fact the manual that I have
    for my case says that there might be 9 pins on the motherboard and even tho
    there are only 8 wires that that's all you need.. So my manual is oppsite of
    what your saying. I hate how antec havent returned an email to me saying
    "Sorry or here is the correct manual"

    rstlne, Aug 6, 2003