Error Installing VIA/S3 Unichrome II KM400 driver XPPro Asus A7V8X-MX SE

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004.

  1. Reposted-to: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    Paul Guest

    And what happens if you uninstall whatever driver is currently there,
    before attempting the new install ?

    I don't think this is a "the data is invalid" type problem.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=bi1t73$2ng$

    That involves a permission bit in the registry for each PCI device,
    and the permission bit has to be set to "Full Control" for a
    driver update to work.

    Also, have you gone to Viaarena.com , to try to get the latest
    version of the installer ? The VEN_1106&DEV_7205 seem to match
    the numbers in here:

    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=70
    http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/video/KN_KM400/KM400_XP_169439-06_wIShld_Logod.zip

    Paul