    be fine, as the trash empties. Just wondering if anyone knows what that
    message might mean.

    Michael

    mgrahm, Sep 29, 2005

  2. mgrahm

    clvrmnky Guest

    I'm pretty sure Apple Support has the answer.

    clvrmnky, Sep 29, 2005

  3. mgrahm

    Don Bruder Guest

    Basically, something (at this point, trying to say exactly what is an
    excercise in futility) had the ds.store file open when you tried to do
    the empty operation. When you tried again later, whatever it was that
    had it open before had decided it was done, and closed/released it,
    allowing the operation to proceed.

    In other words, it was something of a timing issue - You shoved
    something that was in use in the trash, and before whatever was using it
    finished the process of releasing it, tried to empty the trash, causing
    the "conflict of interests". Once you tried later, the process was
    complete, so no argument about emptying the trash.

    Such behavior can be invoked at will, should you wish to do so - Open up
    an image file, then put the image in the trash while it's still open.
    Now try to empty the trash - presto - One "I can't delete it 'cause it's
    in use" error. Close the image and empty the trash - No problemo.

    Don Bruder, Sep 29, 2005