Error message: "Unable to initialize media library" in MMC 8.9

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ralph O'Rourke, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. Hardware: ATI A-I-W 8500dv; ATI Remote, AMD 2400+ CPU w/ 512MB DDR RAM

    Whereas media library worked OK in the past, I am unable to get Media
    Library to load, search and display files (don't ask what i have
    installed/uninstalled--I can't begin to tell you). I get the above
    error message.

    Yes I am familiar with the missing .DLL atioops.dll in v. MMC7.x, but
    this is using version MMC8.9 and all current drivers, etc... I even
    looked in the folder and atioops.dll is present and is the correct
    version--v8.901.

    I have reinstalled WinXP several times.

    I also ran the commend "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI
    Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" from the RUN line...and STILL media
    Library won't open.

    As you know, ATI is absolutely NO help is this matter, tells me to use
    version > MMC 8.1 and wants me to pay $XX for tech supoort.

    Has anyone had this problem with a recent version of MMC and know what
    the workaround is?

    ===========================

    Ralph O'Rourke, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Ralph O'Rourke

    Gordon Scott Guest

    did you run this past the ATI website faq/knowledgebase?

    Gordon Scott, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Of course!! That's why I have posted this here. Why? Did I miss
    something in the faq/knowledge base? There are two cites in the FAQ
    about this: 1. use MMC 8.1 or above, and 2.) use our tech assistance
    at $39 per instance.

    Ralph O'Rourke, Apr 22, 2004