    7900 GT that is being used in my current machine. I figured if I have to buy
    a video card anyways, he can get a discount, and I can get something a
    little better. Plus it seems games these days are beginning to like 512MB.

    HockeyTownUSA, Oct 29, 2006

  2. HockeyTownUSA

    First of One Guest

    The difference will be between 0% and 7%, depending on whether the game is
    limited by memory bandwidth or by shader processing.

    Would you pay $25 more to play a game at 32 fps instead of 30 fps?

    First of One, Oct 29, 2006

  3. 40mhz will make very little difference to your perception of how well a
    game runs. It's more to give bragging rights in 3Dmark06. My 7900GT KO
    would artifact in 3DMark06 Deep Freeze so I downclocked the ram to 660mhz
    from 750mhz. I got no more artifacting after that and I couldn't tell the
    difference in games, of course my 3DMark06 score was a bit lower though. I
    did do an RMA and got one that runs fine at 750mhz but it's really no big
    deal. If it's only $25.00 extra I would maybe buy it anyway.

    Crispy Critter, Oct 29, 2006
  4. Well, I went with the 7950 GT KO Superclocked anyhow. It ended up being
    about $20 difference. Guess I can part with $20 for an extra 1 fps... LOL.

    HockeyTownUSA, Oct 30, 2006