    at the price for a new motherboard, I might as well get a whole new laptop.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Jim Gieszelmann

    Jim Gieszelmann, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Jim Gieszelmann

    Protogenius Guest

    I am having the same problem with my compaq presario r3000. I hav
    been searching the internet for a standalone charger and have come u
    empty handed so far. Another solution for the problem would be to jus
    replace the dc jack instead of the whole motherboard. This woul
    require you or someone else to sodder off the old dc jack and the
    sodder a new one in its place. Good luck finding someone to do it fo
    you, as I have yet to find anyone that would do it

    Protogenius, Mar 1, 2006