EWI 4000s Wind Controller Connections using Midi

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Jay Alperson, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. Jay Alperson

    Jay Alperson Guest

    Hi,

    I am connecting up an Akai EWI 4000 and am having communication problems
    with the Midi Ports going through my Audigy 2 ZS with external module. It
    is on an XP Pro machine with plenty of memory and disk space. Anyone have a
    similar setup?

    The EWI software came bundled with it; it is UniQuest Version 1.

    The EWI works fine into my other software (Band in a Box 2004 and Cakewalk
    Pro 9.0). I use Midi in port SB Audigy 2ZS MIDI IO 2 (DF00) and Midi out SB
    Audigy 2ZS SynthA (DF00). As I understand this, it is getting the midi out
    sounds from the Audigy synth Hardware as guided by midi signals from the
    EWI. The Audigy has 2 Midi IO ports...

    With Uniquest, I set the Midi in and out ports to SB Audigy 2ZS MIDI IO 2
    (DF00). It is the only setting that sometimes gives me a listing of the
    samples that are built into the EWI. Unfortunately, there are error
    messages. When I click on Get in the Default Studio Window, I get error
    messages such as Sysx missing bytes and Sysx end of Transmission not found.
    The downloads are inconsistent, with it giving different error messages and
    frequent hanging.

    I imagine the Midi port settings are wrong, but I don't know what to set
    them to.

    Any suggestions?

    Jay Alperson, Apr 16, 2007