Excel and PCT

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by George, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Excel behaves strangely. Double click a file name in
    Explorer and Excel starts, looks like it will open a file,
    but stops dead. I mean dead, everything goes south. XP
    does not do that according to MS.

    Open Excel first and navigate to the same file and it
    opens just fine.

    Now, I have a bunch of lazy users and when they see a file
    they need to access they have learned to Double-click the
    file name to start it. So, no navigation skills have been
    established. This is no end of trouble here.

    Any ideas of what is happening? How about a fix? I have
    been to all sort of forums and MS sites with not a word
    about this.

    Here is the environment:
    Compaq T1000 with XP Tablet Edition 2002 Service Pack 1

    Crusoe Processor TM5800 with 488Mb RAM

    Excel is MS Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1)

    George, Aug 22, 2003

  2. George