    or is all imput required through the imput screen only?
    will new version allow for imput intoman excell cell
    directly with pen

    dan, Aug 19, 2003

  2. dan

    Chris H. Guest

    No, it doesn't allow direct input, Dan. However, with Office 2003 you can
    make annotations with the pen directly. The input for cells on either
    Office 2003 or Office XP with the free Tablet Pack can be done by using the
    Tablet Input Panel Writing Pad or using the WriteAnywhere feature,
    converting the Ink to text.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Aug 19, 2003

  3. dan

    Pete Wright Guest

    Man that would be cool! But as Chris said, nope!

    It really would be cool though.. Hmmmmmm, where's that Tablet PC API I left
    laying around...

    --
    Peter Wright
    Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro, from Apress Inc.

    _____________________________

    Pete Wright, Aug 20, 2003
  4. I have no problem at all entering numbers into my excel spreadsheet with the
    pen on my toshiba tablet. I do have the tablet pack installed and use excel
    xp.

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 20, 2003
  5. dan

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Aug 20, 2003
  6. I don't quite understand the question then. I write the data directly into
    the cell where it is to appear.

    Where else would you enter any data in excel, if not into a cell?

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 20, 2003
  7. dan

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Aug 20, 2003
  8. Very easy, Chris.

    I open excel.
    I use the write anywhere feature from the tablet pc input panel.
    I point to the cell I wish to enter into, then I write numbers anywhere
    within the write anywhere window, large, small, decimals, alpha or numeric,
    and they show up in the designated cell that I selected.
    I point to the next cell and simply write the next number or whatever I wish
    to enter.
    Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

    I am not using anything special, just excel and the write anywhere feature.

    Rick

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 21, 2003
  9. dan

    Chris H. Guest

    Exactly, Rick. The original question was whether Dan could enter
    information directly to the cell, that is, on the Excel screen only. The
    answer is no, one either needs to use the TIP Writing Pad or, as you are
    doing, using Write Anywhere. And that's what I posted two days ago.

    Chris H., Aug 21, 2003
  10. Exactly, Chris, and that is exactly what I said before as well. It is
    perfectly possible to enter information directly into cells, using the
    tablet PC pack and the write anywhere feature.

    If he has a tablet pc, then he must have the write anywhere option in the
    TIP, and he can easily download the tablet pc pack.

    So, the answer is: Yes. You can enter information directly into cells in
    Excel, if you have a tablet pc and use the write anywhere feature of the
    TIP.

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 22, 2003
  11. Yes, Chris, but you also sound as if there is absolutely no way to enter
    data into excel cells.

    This is a way, and it is a very very simple way.

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 22, 2003
  12. dan

    Chris H. Guest

    Original question: "Does tablet pc allow writing directly into an excel
    cell
    or is all imput required through the imput screen only?"

    My answer: "No, it doesn't allow direct input, Dan. However, with Office

    Chris H., Aug 22, 2003
  13. Chris,

    I would still answer his question with a YES, a tablet pc
    DOES allow writing directly into an excel cell ... exactly as I described in
    detail.

    I am not sure what he means by imput required through the imput screen,
    however. By imput screen, I presume he means the screen itself... and I
    would say YES, you a required to use the screen to input writing directly
    into an excel cell.

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 26, 2003