    What am I missing?

    Thanks

    Markus

    Markus, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Rats. I thought this would be easy, but Office X does things worse
    than Office2k or 98 so far as this goes. I couldn't find anything in
    the help file either.
    My only suggestion is to edit the Excel spreadsheet in Excel (NOT by
    opening up the copy in word) , then copy the region you want and
    PasteSpecial AsExcelWorksheet.
    I didn't play around with a pasted link. That might help (although the
    spreadsheet is not part of the Word doc in that case.)

    OTOH, I think this is a good thing, not bad. I've seen people naively
    paste a few cells into a document, not realizing that the entire
    workbook is now in the doc. They then send someone else the word doc
    with all sorts of info inside the spreadsheet they didn't want others to
    see. Better that you never embed a document in the first place.

    Carl Witthoft, Nov 3, 2005