Expecting to Upgrade to VISTA shortly

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Rich, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Hello,

    Video being one of the most imprtant if not THE most important pieces
    of hardware to upgrade here is the ATI card I have: (copied from the
    Catalyst info tab)

    Graphics Card Manufacturer Built by ATI
    Graphics Chipset Radeon X1900 Series Secondary
    Device ID 7269
    Vendor 1002
    Bus Type PCI Express
    Current Bus Setting PCI Express
    BIOS Version 009.012.005.002
    BIOS Part Number 113-A52021-110
    BIOS Date 2006/04/24
    Memory Size 512 MB
    Memory Type DDR3
    Core Clock in MHz 500 MHz
    Memory Clock in MHz 594 MHz

    Will the new 7.1 drivers work nicely?
    Any problems?
    Anything to keep a lookout for?

    My card is touted as crossfire ready.
    I do not use or know what crossfire is.

    Rich

    Rich, Feb 6, 2007

  2. Rich

    First of One Guest

    You shouldn't see any problems other than the "known issues" as described in
    the 7.1 driver release notes.
    A picture tells a thousand words...
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_radeon_x1800_xt_crossfire/images/05.jpg

    First of One, Feb 6, 2007