    I presume .NET 2.0 upgrades or replaces .NET 1.1, and that any calls
    Experience Pack makes to .NET 1.1 modules will be contained in .NET 2.0.
    Right?

    Robert M. Lincoln, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Robert M. Lincoln

    Chris H. Guest

    The presumption is not correct. .NET 1.1 (and updates) calls separate
    functionality from programs written for it, and .NET 2.x is separate and NOT
    an "upgrade" to 1.1. They both can be installed on a system, side-by-side,
    and run independently of each other. The controls are similar in .NET
    versions, but are only called if written to 1.1 (as is the Experience Pack)
    and not operational if only 2.x is installed.

    Chris H., Jul 9, 2006

  3. Robert M. Lincoln

    Guest Guest

    so i assume we'll need to install .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 all on one
    machine in the future to maintain compatibility?

    Guest, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Robert M. Lincoln

    Chris H. Guest

    Yes, whatever comes down the pipe and is designated by Microsoft as a
    separate entity. IF Microsoft were to issue an update/upgrade to 1.1, 2.0,
    etc., they would state it as such.

    Chris H., Aug 20, 2006