Extended Desktop on IBM Thinkpad with ATI Mobility 128 and Windows 2000 Professional

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Sandeep Gupta, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I have an A22m thinkpad (2628-STU) that comes with the ATI Mobility
    128. It is probably the Rage Mobility 128, but I'm not 100% sure.

    I've searched around google and it seems that people have had luck
    with extended desktops on Win2k laptops only if the graphics card was
    an ATI Mobility.

    When I go to Display Properties --> Settings --> Advanced --> Dislays,
    I see my monitor and panel. They each have two blue buttons near the
    bottom of their sections: "Primary Display" (circle with a dot), and
    clone (two overlapping rectangles). According to the help, I need to
    see a right arrow and a down arrow to setup the Extended Desktop. I
    don't see those arrows anywhere.

    Any help to setup extended desktop would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

    Sandeep

    Sandeep Gupta, Aug 18, 2003