External Interrupts on an MPC555 with Quickstart Software

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by mpcuser, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. mpcuser

    mpcuser Guest

    Hello,
    I'm using the MPC500 quickstart libraries, but I'm having trouble
    using external interrupts. My board is a PB-0555 manufactured by
    Axiom, and I'm using Codewarrior. I'm using the following code to
    initialize external interrupts:

    int init(void)
    {

    ioctl(USIU, USIUINT_INIT, NULL);

    /* enable external interrupts - i.e. set MSR[EE] and MSR[RI] bits */
    archEnableInt();

    return 1;
    }

    My appconfig.h file contains the following interrupt configuration:

    #define IRQ_2_ENABLED 0x01
    void irq_testISR(void);
    #define IRQ_2_ISR_ADDR irq_testISR
    #define IRQ_2_TRIGGER 0x01

    I've stepped through the execution of the program, and everything
    seems to run fine; but when I ground the IRQ[2] pin on my board, the
    ISR does not get executed. I'm grounding it through a 4.7k, and I'm
    sure I'm using the right pin. Could someone show me where I've gone
    wrong? Also, is the 4.7k necessary? Do the eternal interrupts already
    have current-limiting resistors? Thanks for your help!

    - Kevin

    mpcuser, Mar 14, 2005

  2. mpcuser

    Gary Schnabl Guest

    You will receive more and speedier responses in either the Metrowerks
    Community forums:
    Metrowerks.com/community or in the codewarrior.embedded newsgroup.

    Personally, I do mostly 8/16 or DSP CodeWarrior so I cannot be of much help.
    This older link may help though, but I haven't taken the time to delve into
    it yet: http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555/faq.html

    Gary Schnabl
    Detroit

    Gary Schnabl, Mar 16, 2005