    etc...like using a Wacom Cintique tablet.

    This way I can do live demos of project info...like a
    live white board type of setup.

    Stephen, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Stephen

    JDTHREE Guest

    Should have this pretty much by default.

    Each tablet has it's own way of "turning on" the VGA port. My Toshiba
    for example is the function + F5 key. That toggles between LCD only,
    external only, or both at once.

    You imply you have the Motion, but don't specifically state it, so I
    can't give you definitive details - but looking at the user manual (or
    even the online documentation I'd imagine) should tell you what the
    method is for doing the same thing.

    If you want to actually have the external monitor as a separate screen
    like you mention, you should be able to activate that via the display
    properties (right click desktop, properties, settings tab). In that
    area you can click on the second monitor, and on the bottom of the
    dialog box will be a "extend my windows desktop to this monitor"
    option. Check it. Then choose the resolution you want the second
    monitor to run at, and drag it above, below, left, or right, to the
    "space" you want it to occupy in relation to your screen.

    To ensure functionality with pen settings on the second monitor,
    you'll need the powertoy "extended desktop" from the powertoys
    download page
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/downloads/powertoys.asp

    This isn't the article you were looking for (didn't see it, so can't
    point you to it) but hopefully it has some useful info for you.

    John

    JDTHREE, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Stephen

    Al Guest

    I have the TC1000. With that, you call up the "Q" menu which allows you to
    make hardware switches, such as between internal and external monitors.
    Whatever brand your tablet, you should have some similar means at your
    disposal.

    Al

    Al, Jan 13, 2004