    Would a 500MB + 2GB unit have a heat problem that 2 x 1GB would avoid?
    Would 2 x 2GB have more of a heat problem?

    I would very much appreciate some guidance on these questions.

    Maurice Batey, Feb 9, 2011

  2. Maurice Batey

    Bob Villa Guest

    Is this still running XP? If so your best config would probably be
    2X1Gb (heat should not be a problem). No idea about what slot to put
    the higher mem-but again, this shouldn't have a heat problem.

    Bob Villa, Feb 9, 2011

  3. No - I use Linux (Mandriva).
    You mean 1GB in each of the 2 slots (rather than leave one of the
    500MB modules in and replace the other with a 2GB module)?
    Tnat sounds the safer bet, I suppose.
    Presumably you refer to the case where one 500MB module is left in and
    the other replaced by a 2GB module (my 1st choice, except for the
    'which slot' question, which I hope someone will be able to rule on...).

    Many thanks for your input, Bob; much appreciated!

    Maurice Batey, Feb 9, 2011