    Is it possible to extract the Sil3512 BIOS in the F8 BIOS and put it into
    the F13 BIOS instead?

    Thanks

    Peter Geddes, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Peter Geddes

    old man Guest

    According to my reading of this mobo, the Sil driver is a seperate driver
    download and not integrated in the sys bios.
    And other than beta the only driver is Sil 3112/3512 v 1.1.0.52
    You may of course get an updated Sil driver direct from Sil web site

    old man, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Peter Geddes

    Peter Geddes Guest

    Is the Sil3512 BIOS in the F13 the same as in the F8?

    The reason I ask is that when I upgraded to to the F13 BIOS a while back, I
    then did a backup with Ghost and it said it was going to take 7 hours to
    backup one of my partitions!! With the F8, it only took about 3 hours. This
    is Ghost in DOS mode, booted from a Win 98 boot disk.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Peter Geddes, Apr 22, 2006
  4. Peter Geddes

    old man Guest

    Re read the post
    Sil driver has no connection with the mobo bios. The Sil driver is a
    completely different item and available as a download from Gigabyte or
    directly from Sil site.
    ie its the same as upgrading any other hw drivers
    Personally I use Acronis and just leave it to do its own thing automatically
    in win, in the background

    old man, Apr 23, 2006