    simple Mac features in the "better, easier, friendlier" OSX 10.2.6? If so,
    do updates fix this frustrating omission?

    Andy D.

    Andrew D, Nov 8, 2003

  2. have you tried this already?

    System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

    [i have had mixed results using this... but then again, i haven't RTFM]

    -j

    JoanD'arcRoast, Nov 8, 2003

  3. There is one?

    Okay, seriously, the biggest catch with Keyboard Shortcuts is you have
    to restart the applications to get the new shortcuts. Oh, and they don't
    work for menulings.

    Steven Fisher, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Andrew D

    Paul McGrane Guest

    That's only in 10.3. I guess the original poster will have to update.

    Paul McGrane, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Sorry, my error.
    -j

    JoanD'arcRoast, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Andrew D

    Andrew D Guest

    No such preference in my OSX (10.2.6)

    There is one for "Keyboard" - but no joy there.

    Andy D.

    Andrew D, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Andrew D

    Andrew D Guest

    I can't help but wonder why they bothered to exclude them in the first
    place (but then, I also wonder why I can still use shortcuts to create a
    new folder and to make an alias - but neither uses the same shortcut it
    used to use since each of those was given to new "features" while the old
    features were given new shortcuts..... which begs the question, why didn't
    the new features get the new shortcuts??? But then, I'm just an existing
    customer.)

    Andy D.

    Andrew D, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Andrew D

    Ron Parsons Guest

    There is a freeware level of Keyboard Maestro that will allow you to
    restore them.

    Ron Parsons, Nov 11, 2003
  9. Andrew D

    Andrew D Guest

    The more I use OSX, the more I find that Apple have tossed out a heap of
    fundamental features and the more I wonder why Apple retained the image of
    an apple for their logo rather than suggesting that if people want it,
    they can get it from somewhere else.

    Ah well... :(

    Andy D.

    Andrew D, Dec 2, 2003