FA: FIC VA503+ Motherboard AMD K62-350 Mini ATCase Extras

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by TJM, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. TJM

    TJM Guest

    For Auction on eBay FIC VA 503+ Motherboard, AMD K62 350 Processor with fan,
    Mini Tower AT case with power supply, OEM 8MB AGP video card, OEM sound
    card. There is also RAM onboard, but I'm not sure how much it is.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0&category=4615&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

    These components come *AS-IS*. I cannot guarantee that they will work when
    you receive it, but I upgraded to a new system and all of these components
    were working fine when I pulled out all of the drives.

    The FIC VA 503+ MB is a very versatile motherboard. I will ship the
    original owners manual and disk w/drivers (although I recommend you get the
    updated drivers from FIC's site).
    I will ship the original owners manual for the AMD K62 350 processor.

    The mini-tower case comes with a power supply and a cover. The cover is not
    shown in the picture, but it's in very good condition.

    I will also send the CD's with the drivers for the AGP video card and the
    sound card.
    Thanks!
    TJM

    TJM, Apr 4, 2004

  2. TJM

    Roger Hunt Guest

    (snip)

    It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers dream.
    I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness forced
    an upgrade a few months ago.

    Best of luck with the auction!

    Roger Hunt, Apr 4, 2004

  3. TJM

    Geoff Guest

    what !!!
    FIC made something good ?
    !?!?!?!!!
    I didn't see that coming....

    Geoff, Apr 4, 2004
  4. TJM

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Well, another way of looking at it was that it took me five years to get
    it running properly then it blew up! :)

    Roger Hunt, Apr 4, 2004
  5. TJM

    TJM Guest

    FYI, based on feedback from another NG I ran a check and verified that there
    is 48 MB RAM onboard. I updated my eBay description.

    This has been a great MB in combination with the AMD K62. I have another
    one that is also still chugging along.

    Cheers,
    TJM

    TJM, Apr 5, 2004
  6. TJM

    neopolaris Guest

    No there is not.

    neopolaris, Apr 5, 2004
  7. TJM

    TJM Guest

    Clarification... There are 48MB of SIMMs installed by me on the
    motherboard. "onboard" was a misnomer and should not be misconstrued as
    though the mfg built in 48MB RAM "on" the MB.

    Yes, there is 48 MB of RAM installed on the motherboard.
    TJM

    TJM, Apr 5, 2004
  8. TJM

    Roger Hunt Guest

    [/QUOTE]
    (Idle thought)
    Wow!
    If there *were* 48MB of motherboard cache on a hypothetical 503+, what
    kind of performance might I expect from that and a K6-3+/@600 Mhz ??

    Regards

    Roger Hunt, Apr 5, 2004
  9. TJM

    Geoff Guest

    lol
    thats better, i thought i was losing my mind there for a min
    FIC making good stuff, errrmmm no ! hehe

    Geoff, Apr 5, 2004
  10. TJM

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Yup! Never a dull moment with a FIC, that's for sure! :)

    Roger Hunt, Apr 5, 2004