FA - Very Cheap (suspected dead) X1195A CPU for Sun U60, U80, E220R, 420R

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Dr. David Kirkby, May 13, 2004.

  1. I have a 450 MHz Sun X1195A CPU, p/n 501-5539 which I suspect is dead.
    If anyone fancies their chances at getting it working (the fault might
    be one of the components on the PCB that's possible to replace), read
    on.

    I've auctioned it on eBay starting at $30. Sorry, but don't bother
    making an offer <$30, as I can't be bothered to ship it - I'd rather
    just put it in the bin.

    I would add, this is not 'untested', but I'm pretty sure it is dead,
    as it was working in a quad processor U80, and then the machine
    stopped working. Various attempts at swapping the processors always
    indicates a problem with this CPU, no matter what slot it is placed
    in.

    Anyway, for the ambitious, see:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=164&item=3480353269&rd=1

    PS, If anyone in the UK has a *working* X1195A CPU at a sensible
    price, let me know.

    Dr. David Kirkby

    david dot kirkby (----A T ----) onetel D.O.T. net

    Dr. David Kirkby, May 13, 2004

  2. Dr. David Kirkby

    John Guest

    David,

    Can do an X1195a @ £200 inc shipping/VAT...

    John

    John, May 16, 2004

  3. Thanks John, but I've been offered one for £125 including shipping
    from someone in the UK. Hopefully I should be back on 4 CPUs by the
    middle of next week.

    Dr. David Kirkby, May 16, 2004
  4. I can sell you some @ $225ea if you need one or two

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD