Factor 5's "Lair" on PS3 has an absolute DOG SHIT framerate thanks to the lowend Nvidia GPU

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by AirRaid, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. AirRaid

    AirRaid Guest

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176336

    quote TTP:

    "Just got the *preview* code and spent some time with it in the
    comfort of my sofa and I must say the frame rate is all over the
    place.

    Didn't give me this impression at all at E3, but here, in a more
    intimate environment, me and him alone, the times where it stays at
    30fps are so few they don't even matter.

    Factor 5 either screwed big time or this version is as old as baby
    Gesus"

    unquote

    once again, the choice that Sony made to use a lowend Nvidia GPU in
    PS3, the RSX, which is based on a DOWNGRADED NV47 / G70 ~ GF 7800 or
    G71 ~ GF 7900 with miserable fillrate performance ( 2 Gpixels/s with
    4x anti-aliasing) combined with low graphics memory bandwidth (22.4 GB/
    sec to GGR3) combined with low triangle setup rate performance (about
    250M vs 500M on X360) results in PS3 games with shitty framerates when
    overtaxed by 1080p resolution and too much graphics detail.

    it's bad enough that console GPUs are set in stone for the 5-6 year
    life of the system, it's worse when a GPU *starts* out being lowend
    shit at the *beginning* of the console's lifecycle.

    AirRaid, Aug 2, 2007

  2. I call bullshit on this one.

    Further down someone states:

    "There's already reviews and you're looking at preview code?

    *confused* (not that you have preview code, but that they gave you that when
    apparently there is a reviewable build out there)

    EDIT: What res are you playing in?"

    And they guy replies:

    Beats me dude. Game is out in September in Europe (where I live) and Sony is
    sending "preview codes" for now. This can very well be intended as a preview
    code just because it lack localizations, the game itself actually being the
    gold code that will ship in US in a matter of days. This wouldn't be a
    first.

    I was playing at 720p.
    ------------------------------

    I'm interested in the reviews its getting so far....

    Gamepro 3.8/5
    Play Magazine 9/10

    I'd say not bad.... time will really tell i guess as seen below...

    Well here's some interesting Lair Delayed!!!
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/810/810027p1.html

    So maybe they do have a frame rate issue? Who knows. But we do know it didnt
    look bad at E3. And i dont recall any bad impressions from there.

    Brenden D. Chase, Aug 2, 2007

  3. AirRaid

    boodybandit Guest

    I know Air Raid is a desperate troll but quoting other trolls from forums as
    fact? That is all time desperate. Nothing has been said before now about
    questionable frame rate. Poor Air Raid is scared shitless because Sony is
    starting to turn the corner in this gen and he feels like he is losing
    complete control so he has to post fanboy fodder to make himself feel
    better. It helps him sleep at night.

    boodybandit, Aug 2, 2007
  4. I gotta admit, it's pretty funny to watch them squirm though

    Brenden D. Chase, Aug 3, 2007
  5. AirRaid

    boodybandit Guest

    Him, Jonah ans Swammy are like crack addicts looking for negative news on
    Sony. If they don't find something every day, no matter how minusclue, they
    practically have a nervous breakdown. They remind me of that little weasel
    in the old Foghorn Leghorn cartoons when I was a kid. You know the little
    rodent that chases after chickens saying yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and
    shaking like he is having a seizure while drooling buckets.

    boodybandit, Aug 3, 2007
  6. AirRaid

    Timbo Guest

    No profanity please.