    capture. Any recommendations on resolving this issue?

    Thank you,
    Alain

    Guest, May 6, 2004

  2. Guest

    johns Guest

    Believe it or not, I'm doing great captures from my
    oldie Hauppauge WinTV pci card in the same computer
    ( AMD 2000+ ) with an ATI Raedeon 9000 Pro.
    Very few dropouts, and video speed appears to be
    good ?? I can capture as mpg instead of AVI too.
    I can also capture cable TV with no problems. Best
    of all, the whole combo ( $69 for the ATI, and I paid
    about $45 for the WinTV maybe 5 years ago ). And
    Hauppauge still writes upgrade drivers for the card.
    Now THAT is tech support! Go talk to Hauppauge.

    johns

    johns, May 6, 2004

  3. Guest

    pjp Guest

    Yupper, that's the way I'm going next time. To hell with this Video-In bs
    ATI puts you thru.

    pjp, May 6, 2004
  4. Guest

    Julian D. Guest

    I'm capturing dvd-compliant mpg2 video flawlessly with no dropped
    frames. The only time I get the message about not being able to
    initialize the video is when I start the TV before shutting down wmp
    or windvd. Even just after I shut them down I have to wait a few
    seconds before starting ati's tv.
    Try it after a boot and see what happens. Check your device manager
    and see if there's any problems.

    JD

    Julian D., May 7, 2004