    consequences likely if I do not replace it?
    Thank you,

    jake

    Jake, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Jake

    Crazy John Guest

    it's cruicial, don';t you have reboots all the time?

    my MB didn';t boot up correctly with fsb at 200MHz and without the fan

    i've got
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014
    and it is recommended by the users :)

    if u have water cooling system it is important to make the air inside the
    case move a little bit so that this cooler won't get high temp, so instal
    some slow-rotating fan

    btw if u have zalman on CPU u will have to bend a little bit the blue
    zalman, nothing difficult, nothing u should be affraid of. it really works !

    btw 2 :) remember the northbridge is concave so pul a LOT i mean A LOT of
    thermal paste (write ) removing the dots and nospam
    if u have any difficulties :)
    my system with a little of thermal p. rebooted every few minutes and memtest
    as long as prime got errors at 200MHz ;)

    Crazy John, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Jake

    Helinut Guest

    mine stopped working, so had a look, and theres 2 tiny screws that, if you
    undo them, allows you to pull out the fan, turn the fan over and put a
    couple of drops of machine oil in the bearing.
    This totally sorted out my fan and its running a treat again
    HTH
    Helinut

    Helinut, Apr 9, 2005
  4. Jake

    Crazy John Guest

    so did mine
    so did i
    but after a month or two it stopped again so i bought zalman...

    CJ

    Crazy John, Apr 10, 2005