    any help.

    Cheers

    RMC, England

    Guest, Sep 16, 2004

  2. 0.5 Amps (or 500 mA) @ 12 Volts for each fan header. Drawing any more
    current than that will fry the traces on the motherboard for the fan
    header(s).

    Homer J. Simpson, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Wayne Youngman, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    However, having searched the manual, I can't see what current the fan
    Thanks for your answers - I have some info too:

    First of all, the man on the overclockers forum said "Its only 2.8W thats
    fine on a fan header" - that is 233 mA current assuming a 12 V supply to the
    fan.

    Secondly, the FAQ on the abit.com.tw site says "

    Q:What is the wattage output of the fan headers on the VP6? I would like to
    use a Global Win FOP-38 heat sink and fan combo. This uses the Delta high
    speed (7000RPM) fan and draws 3.5 to 4 watts of power.

    A:The fan headers on the VP6 can sustain 0.5A currents (6watts) thus
    FOP32,FOP38 can be used. Fan headers on other ABIT motherboards can only
    sustain 0.3A currents (3.6 watts)".

    So, Wayne's 233 mA fan will be fine based on both bits of info above and
    also the answer from Homer, and my fan might be OK according to Homer but
    also might be a bit borderline at 350 mA according to the FAQ reponse I have
    copied above.

    I think I might fit a resistor to drop the current a bit (and the fan speed)
    just to be on the safe side.

    Cheers for your responses, Homer and Wayne!

    RMC, England

    Guest, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Guest

    0_Qed Guest

    AWww Geeze!

    You forgot the thank 'Folkert' too.

    ROTFLOMFAO!

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Guest

    RMC Guest

    AWww Geeze!
    Somehow, I doubt if Folkert is upset by being ostracized.

    8¬)

    RMC

    RMC, Sep 16, 2004