    100 % but wont work on auto.

    Has anyone seen this before?

    Thanks......

    DarkElldar, Jun 17, 2006

  2. DarkElldar

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Before I got a waterblock for my X850 XT PE, I used the
    "ATI Tray Tools" that came with the Omega Drivers, worked
    great. That's one hot running card, by the way.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jun 17, 2006

  3. DarkElldar

    First of One Guest

    I had this problem on my X1900 when I f---ed around with the manual fan
    speeds using ATiTool. It should go away if you remove Rivatuner, ATiTool,
    etc., and reinstall the ATi drivers.

    First of One, Jun 17, 2006
  4. DarkElldar

    Andy H Guest

    My 1900XTX fried it's ram due to not upping it's fan speeds automatically,
    also after I messed with the fan speeds with Atitool BTW.

    Andy H, Jun 18, 2006
  5. DarkElldar

    Steve Evans Guest

    I've just noticed that my x850xt fan stays at 50% all the time with
    just the drivers installed. With ATI tool installed, the speed ramps -
    how odd and slighty worrying!

    -
    steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
    -

    Steve Evans, Jun 18, 2006
  6. DarkElldar

    Gank Guest

    Get a Zalman V700cu to fix that. The stock fans are cheap and noisy anyway.

    Gank, Jun 19, 2006
  7. DarkElldar

    Steve Evans Guest

    The speed ramping is controlled by the card so I don't really see how
    sticking a zalman on would cure it. I did however put an arctic cooler
    on, and it is virtually inaudible most of the time - fantastic
    products, can't recommend them highly enough!

    -
    steve AT steveevans DOT org
    -

    Steve Evans, Jun 19, 2006
  8. DarkElldar

    DarkElldar Guest

    Removed all the drivers and addon programs, Still wont ramp up the fan. Had
    to install Riva again to keep this thing cool.

    Thanks for all your input, The Arctic cooler sounds like a plan had one on
    my X700 pro.

    DarkElldar, Jun 20, 2006
  9. DarkElldar

    Steve Evans Guest

    I have to have ATI tray tool running all the time to make the ramping
    work. Is it the same with the Riva thingy?

    -
    steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
    -

    Steve Evans, Jun 20, 2006
  10. DarkElldar

    Gank Guest

    Because the quiet Zalman fan doesn't connect to the card, you connect it
    directly to the PSU.

    Gank, Jun 22, 2006