    I have a volcano 12....which is supposed to run at 5500 rpm.

    The BIOS, speedfan and MBM all say that it runs at 2700 RPM....should I trust
    this info ?

    Euh, May 22, 2004

  2. Euh

    Alex Guest

    Do you have the fan turned down at all? What is the temp on the processor?

    Alex, May 23, 2004

  3. Euh

    JohnnyXP Guest

    This fan might have an automatic rotation speed regulation so the speed
    depends on the CPU temperature.This fan has probably a thermal diode so when
    the temperature is low the fan may not rotate at all because the radiotor is
    cold enought to cool the CPU in this phase.But when the temp exceeds
    35celsius degrees the fan MUST start rotating unless it is damaged.
    So 2700 RPM must be enought to cool your CPU.

    JohnnyXP, May 28, 2004