FarCry Demo and Prince of Persia Demo

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Michael Fritz, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    after installing a new WinXP OS, I tried to get FarCry Demo and Price of
    Persia Demo to run. FC randomly crashes with a Fatal Exception and Prince
    of Persia even freezed my system.

    Sometimes when playing with Tribes Venegeance Demo (single and multiplayer)
    I get an error in DirectX reported from a small M$ dialog windows which
    allows me to send this report to M$.

    Afterwards *no* other games are able to start. All of them quit with a
    DirectX error.

    I'm using XPpro (new installation!), SP2, DirectX 9.0c (from SP2), the
    newest Catalyst drivers V4.10 (already tried V4.9) on my Asus X800pro.
    Soundcard: Creative Audigy with newest drviers.

    I already deactivated the Norton AV during gameplay but no success either.

    I'm clueless right now. SP2 cannot be deinstalled as it was slipstreamed
    into the Windows XP installation files.

    Before buying my new Assus X800pro I had an old GeForce 2 TI which ran
    perfectly. I never had such problems playing games so far...

    Michael Fritz, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Michael Fritz

    Sleepy Guest

    Have you installed up-to-date drivers for your motherboard and soundcard
    from the manufacturers rather than Microsofts drivers ?

    Sleepy, Oct 20, 2004

  3. in message
    Yes I did - at least I hope so. But I will do a last check...

    Michael Fritz, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Michael Fritz

    Matt Guest

    did you run one of those driver cleaner apps to make sure none of your old
    GeForce 2 TI drivers were lingering around?

    Matt, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Michael Fritz

    Geoff Guest

    what power supply do you have methinks you need a new/better one

    Geoff, Oct 21, 2004
  6. About 480W - I think this is enough power to get this card running.

    Michael Fritz, Oct 21, 2004
  7. I even did a new install of WinXPpro with SP2!

    Michael Fritz, Oct 21, 2004
  8. in message <
    Meanwhile I removed the WindowsXP/SP2 installation and replaced it with a
    XP/SP1 installation - but did not change anything. After the loading
    sequence (the progress bar reaches almost the end) the game crashes
    again...

    Michael Fritz, Oct 21, 2004