Farcry PS3.0 garbage: Why does Nvidia insist on lying at every opportunity?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by rms, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. rms

    Dodgy Guest

    The problem I noticed when I was there, is the complete lack of any
    news covering anything non US. You're lucky if your TV news covers
    outside your own state, let alone another country. The only time you
    hear of a foreign country is when an American get's blown up there.
    Wipe out a few dozen Europeans and it won't get a mention.

    Many Americans still have no idea that the English, Poles and Spanish
    in Iraq with them (not so much the Spanish now).

    Maybe if the TV channels were a little more far sighted with their
    coverage, and spent less time kissing G Dubya's arse, Americans might
    get a better view of the world, and maybe understand some of the
    different people, religions... The might even get along.

    Same can be said for those mad Muslim countries, they too have highly
    introverted media and just look at the zenophobic hate they harbour.

    Oh, and Israel isn't any better.

    Right, that's everyone insulted.

    Next!

    D0d6y.

    Dodgy, Apr 28, 2004

  2. rms

    Dodgy Guest

    You became rich from slavery, supplying arms to the rest of the world,
    and due to the number of people you have living there.

    The "Don't give a ****" attitude is why you attract planes into tall
    buildings.

    If you actually tried to understand a few of the little
    people/countries/religions instead of ignoring them you might actually
    get along.

    D0d6y.

    Dodgy, Apr 28, 2004

  3. rms

    Minotaur Guest

    Statistics, I am sure your intelligent enough to find them on the WWW.

    Sorry I didn't get to meet the other 240,000,000+ million people while I
    was in the USA. But from viewing the actions of those Americans first
    hand, from NYC, Boston, Ithica, Washington DC, Orlando, Atlanta, New
    Orleans, Denver, Las Vegas and LA. It was obvious to myself and others
    traveling, your country is not as great as you perceive it to be.

    That point came to light in a stunning way, just crossing the border
    into Canada. News wasn't full of murders and tradgedy, people didn't
    lock all of there front doors. Infact there are just as many gun nuts in
    Canada as in the USA, but less violent gun crimes?! Any reason why your
    so called great country is so fucked up? You seem to love statistics, go
    and find some and learn about the country you live! You might be shocked
    to learn of your ignorance, in discovering the facts.

    Your ignorance is causing you to grossly sterotype people you don't
    know. But hey, thats the American way! as you stated above.

    Minotaur, Apr 28, 2004
  4. rms

    Stoneskin Guest

    Minotaur left a note on my windscreen which said:
    Your particulr statistic sounded like you made it up in order to back up
    a line of reasoning. Your lack of anything which proves otherwise does
    nothing to dissuade me from assuming anything otherwise.

    I don't belive you are able to back up your 'fact' because I belive it
    to be made up - nothing I found on the net backed it up either but,
    granted, I didn't look for very long. I'm sure you understand that the
    onus of proof lies with whoever is trying to prove the positive
    assertion so the ball lies in your court on that count. I look forward
    to reading your source.
    So you make wild sweeping statements after experiencing a fraction of
    the population. You don't work in marketing do you?
    Here is a quote from yourself only a few posts earlier;

    "I ain't in Europe, that shows how intelligent you are."

    And since I am in the UK, not America, I guess that shows how
    intelligent you are by your own admission.
    With your assumtion that I am in America, I don't think I or the rest of
    the group needs much more indication of who is being ignorant or
    stereotypical.

    I still await your suppliment of a source to back up your statistics but
    I feel you probably won't be forthcoming after such a hypocritical and
    ignorant display.

    Stoneskin, Apr 28, 2004
  5. rms

    JTS Guest

    Canada - Now there's a county to emulate. Emulate means "try to be like,
    copy, imitate" in case you didn't know.

    JTS, Apr 28, 2004
  6. rms

    Courseyauto Guest

    Why? you wont buy one

    Courseyauto, Apr 28, 2004
  7. rms

    Nada Guest

    You're the kind of guy who has that white Casper the Friendly Ghost
    uniform on, preaching about the good old days when your two-tooth
    cousins used to be the best hump in Alabama before J.Lo and her fans
    ruined the market with integrated genes.

    Nada, Apr 28, 2004
  8. rms

    Asestar Guest

    You became rich from slavery, supplying arms to the rest of the world,
    Well said mate..

    Asestar, Apr 28, 2004
  9. rms

    John Lewis Guest

    The longer that Ati delays the public announcement of the X800 series,
    the smokier this room will become. And if it is delayed until or
    beyond the first retail shipments of the 6800 cards, you won't be able
    to see your hand in front of your face.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Apr 28, 2004
  10. rms

    Dodgy Guest

    Damn, I was looking forward to a flaming...

    Oh well, I can wait, and now I have someone to hold my fire bucket!
    :)

    D0d6y.

    Dodgy, Apr 28, 2004
  11. This fun. Keep it up guys and forget that you are in an NG where people want
    to learn something about ATI products.

    Rockin Ronnie, Apr 28, 2004
  12. rms

    Jay Guest

    I have traveled many places, and lived in Germany for a year twice. I have
    found that you can find ignorance anywhere, and anyone who stereotypes any
    group of people is showing their own ignorance. But as to your statistical
    question I have found some numbers for you
    if you would like to correct your own ignorance. Keep in mind that passports
    are good for 10 years and not everyone renews them on-time. Also if your to
    lazy or just don't know how "Americans" is spelled, here you go.

    Here's the link if you don't believe me...
    http://travel.state.gov/passport_statistics.html
    U.S. Passports Issued Per Calendar Year (1974-1995)

    1974 - 2,415,003
    1975 - 2,334,359
    1976 - 2,816,678
    1977 - 3,107,122
    1978 - 3,234,471
    1979 - 3,169,999
    1980 - 3,020,468
    1981 - 3,222,346
    1982 - 3,763,995
    1983 - 4,121,534
    1984 - 4,718,205
    1985 - 4,967,895
    1986 - 4,109,132
    1987 - 4,872,403
    1988 - 4,060,803
    1989 - 3,690,830
    1990 - 3,688,689
    1991 - 3,387,245
    1992 - 3,282,488
    1993 - 4,207,716
    1994 - 4,895,151
    1995 - 5,263,989

    U.S. Passports Issued per Fiscal Year (1996 - present)

    Note: As of 1996, passport statistics are tabulated for the fiscal year.

    1996 - 5,547,693
    1997 - 6,295,003
    1998 - 6,539,864
    1999 - 6,722,198
    2000 - 7,292,182
    2001 - 7,119,506
    2002 - 7,001,482
    2003 - 7,300,667

    Jay, Apr 28, 2004
  13. rms

    Asestar Guest

    I can flame you a bit if you like. Altough I don't exactly like usa, i think
    what you just said, goes for more than just usa. Many countries incl. some
    muslim countries, israel and so on..
    Or maybe human beings in general!

    Asestar, Apr 28, 2004
  14. rms

    Steve Sweet Guest

    HI there "ec"
    still richer than the rest of the shit world.

    That's coz you're stealing the wealth off of most of the world.
    A ****.

    You're right, to busy having a wank to give a ****.

    Steve Sweet, Apr 29, 2004
  15. There is no more effective way for a forum to accumulate off-topic posts than by means of a halfwit lacking
    the self-control needed to keep his party politics to himself. But, so long as these posts remain confined to
    one or two threads, I'm not really bothered by it. The worst thing about the 'rms' types is that they succeed
    in drawing out the ugly side of even some of the forum regulars, a side one never knew they had. It isn't
    pretty.

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Apr 29, 2004
  16. rms

    Minotaur Guest

    LOL

    Minotaur, Apr 29, 2004
  17. rms

    lyon_wonder Guest

    Dumb as well, considering they were basically saying their previous line of cards really suck comparing to the powerful 6800 line of cards.

    Well, most of their FX cards (anything below the 5900 series anyway)
    actually DO SUCK.

    lyon_wonder, Apr 29, 2004
  18. rms

    Minotaur Guest

    You didn't look very hard did you?

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2496427.stm
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/index.html
    http://www.idsnews.com/story.php?id=16260
    http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/11/21/39769.html
    http://www.photodude.com/weblog/dumped/2002/November/002380.shtml
    http://www.harpercollins.com/catalog/excerpt_xml.asp?isbn=0380713799

    For more fun reading on Americans from an American,
    try www.michaelmoore.com , also check out the links!

    Minotaur, Apr 29, 2004
  19. rms

    Stoneskin Guest

    Minotaur left a note on my windscreen which said:
    Most of these links focus on the National Geographic Survey.

    Ignoring the fact that they used a different number of Americans than
    they did for the rest of the survey most of their highlights also ignore
    the fact that other countries scored lower than Americans in several of
    their highlights.

    None of the countries surveyed did particuarly well anyway. None of
    them got an 'A' rating - whatever the criteria for that is.
    As interesting as Moore's documentaries can be he has a tendacy to make
    his facts and then film something to make them fit.

    Stoneskin, Apr 29, 2004
  20. rms

    Dodgy Guest

    Oh, I covered those in another part of this thread that appeared all
    on it's own in my newsreader. :-D

    D0d6y.

    Dodgy, Apr 29, 2004