Fast serial Flash loader for the HCS12: request for comments

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Oliver Betz, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Oliver Betz

    Oliver Betz Guest

    Hi,

    who wants to review and/or test a serial Flash loader for the 68HCS12
    (Motorola / Freescale) using Base64 encoding and running at 115kBits/s
    withouth need for handshake?

    A short preliminary description is at
    http://www.oliverbetz.de/FlashLoader/FSFL.html

    Any comments appreciated.

    The code (PC: ANSI C, HCS12: assembler) has some crude parts at the
    moment, therefore I don't want to release it to the public until it's
    cleaned up and reviewed by somebody experienced.

    There will be also a version with encryption, but I need some feedback
    about the concept and possible vulnerabilities (will ask in
    sci.crypt).

    Oliver

    Oliver Betz, Mar 18, 2005