Fast User Switching and an 'unknown' user. - unkown.jpg (0/1)

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Mathue, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Mathue

    Mathue Guest

    I have this really odd behavior in 10.3.3 and there seems to be no
    mention of it in the Apple knowledgebase.

    Upon reboot, whether it's a warm or cold boot the machine will log
    me on as usual. However, in the right upper corner where it displays
    which Fast User shell is open it states 'Unknown'. Going into the
    preferences and unchecking and then rechecking Fast User Switching then
    restores the correct name. It appears to be purely cosmetic, but I'd
    still like to solve it on a permanent basis.

    There is an attached jpg of what I see.

    --
    MT - Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

    101010

    Mathue, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Mathue

    Paul Sture Guest

    Mathue wrote:
    > I have this really odd behavior in 10.3.3 and there seems to be no
    > mention of it in the Apple knowledgebase.
    >
    > Upon reboot, whether it's a warm or cold boot the machine will log
    > me on as usual. However, in the right upper corner where it displays
    > which Fast User shell is open it states 'Unknown'. Going into the
    > preferences and unchecking and then rechecking Fast User Switching then
    > restores the correct name. It appears to be purely cosmetic, but I'd
    > still like to solve it on a permanent basis.
    >
    > There is an attached jpg of what I see.

    Please don't post attachments in news groups. The news server I use
    strips them automatically, so it's a bit pointless.

    Paul Sture, Apr 16, 2004