    system so I went back to 3.3. My question is what is the fastest CPU I can
    use with my motherboard and the 3.3 bios. Thank you very much.

    ~eddie

    Eddie E, Feb 27, 2007

  2. Eddie E

    Paul Guest

    Different BIOS stream for each board ?

    K8T Neo2-F V2.0 CPU Support Status
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=686&kind=1

    K8T Neo2-F/ FIR CPU Support Status
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=608&kind=1

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 27, 2007

  3. Eddie E

    Eddie E Guest

    Different BIOS stream for each board ? Paul the K8T Neo2-F/ FIR CPU is the one I have. I found the following
    information when I clicked the bios number on the above link you sent,

    "This BIOS Supports dual core and E6 version CPUs. We propose to use BIOS
    v3.xx for system stable if you didn't install these two CPU models." ,

    So I guess the fastest CPU that works with the 3.xx bios is the fastest one
    that is not dual core and E6. Thanks.

    ~eddie

    Eddie E, Feb 27, 2007
  4. Eddie E

    Tamiami Guest

    FX-55 screams on this one. Version 1.0 even. Although, I had to flash
    to 9.4 from 3.3 for it to post with 2-2-2-5 DDR.

    My two cents.

    Tamiami, Feb 27, 2007
  5. Eddie E

    Eddie E Guest

    Thanks for your two cents. I flashed my board with the 9.4 bios and my
    system went crazy so I went back to 3.3. Maybe 9.4 will work OK with the
    newer CPUs. Did you have any issues with the 9.4 bios?

    ~eddie

    Eddie E, Feb 28, 2007
  6. Eddie E

    Tamiami Guest

    No, not really. Only thing was changing HT transport frequency from the
    default 200mhz to the 1000mhz for the 55.

    Tamiami, Feb 28, 2007
  7. Eddie E

    Eddie E Guest

    OK thanks

    Eddie E, Mar 1, 2007
  8. Eddie E

    milsabords Guest

    I replaced an AMD 64 3000+ by an X2 4800+, no problem, perfect for video
    encoding using Nero Vision 4, which loads both cores at 95%. I have 4 sticks
    of DDR 400, and the CPU overclocks easily to 2.8 Ghz. The BIOS is level 9.2.

    milsabords, Mar 3, 2007
  9. Eddie E

    Jeffrey Guest

    Hi eddie ,

    Look at German side MSI BIOS page for a K8T NEO2 . They will explain it
    to you which BIOS to use .It all depends which core AMD used in there S939.

    greeting,jeffrey

    Jeffrey, Mar 27, 2007