Fastest CPU on BE7 ?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Lewis, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Lewis

    Lewis Guest

    HI !

    I have BE7-RAID MBo (i845PE chipset) and i wonder what's the fastest CPU
    i can mount there ? I know that 3.06GHz will work 'coz it's 533 FSB but
    will work 3.2GHz on 800FSB ?? I see that latest downloadable BIOS is
    availbale but even 2 realeses before mention that page will "show"
    Hyper-Threading when HT CPU is instaled ??

    BIOS ID: CW
    3. Shows "Hyper-Threading" wording on POST screen when
    Hyper-Threading CPU installed.

    Is that means that MB supports HT CPUs (AFAIK all HT CPUs are 800FSB) or
    it will just work as overclocked (manualy FSB set to 200) ? I do have
    333 MHz memory but i'll easy put new 400MHz memory if this really works ?

    Thanks for any help.

    --

    http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr

    ICQ : 7128177