    AGP that performed well even in games like FEAR but I got that a while back
    and was curious if nVidia made anything agp that is better?

    Thanks

    boe, Feb 22, 2008

  2. boe

    Augustus Guest

    7900GS or X1950 Pro are the fastest by Nvidia and ATI. They're very close in
    speed. The 7900GS is supposed to o/c far better. Don't have personal
    experience with either so I can't comment on that. I've got a deep distrust
    of ATI AGP cards based on the X1650 Pro AGP I bought for my son's system.
    AGP functionality is iffy ( as in it won't work in 3d) on some of the cards
    with the last 9 months of Catalyst drivers for a number of ATI powered AGP
    cards. However, the X1950Pro doesn't get a whole lot of complaints regading
    this. YMMV. The X1650 Pro AGP card I have simply will not function in 3D
    with any Catalyst release past 7.5 or 7.6. Even the latest versions which
    supposedly fix this issue don't for my card and many others.

    Augustus, Feb 22, 2008

  3. boe

    norman Guest

    FYI
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/har...users-rejoice-powercolor-launches-agp-hd-3850

    norman, Feb 23, 2008
  4. boe

    Augustus Guest

    Augustus, Feb 23, 2008
  5. boe

    MartinK Guest

    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ AGP
    Please do remember the "+", as the card gets the 7900GT core with it...
    To my knowledge its the fastest AGP Nvidia card ever produced.

    Martin.

    MartinK, Feb 23, 2008