    the fax machine is connected to a system involving the computer,
    phone, message machine.

    any suggestions appreciated

    demodubious, May 2, 2007

  2. demodubious

    Tony Guest

    What happens if you connect the FAX directly to the telephone line without the
    computer and message machine connected? If that works OK then something is
    stopping dial tone from being recognised by the FAX. Reconnecting one device at
    a time will help to determine the culprit.
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

    Tony, May 2, 2007

  3. demodubious

    demodubious Guest

    I just tried that. The message "off hook" is gone but my test fax was
    not received by the intended recipient.

    The dialing and ring tone are sounding after I click the send button.

    Then the paper goes through the scanner.

    The report is "Fax Sent." but it also says "No Answer."

    If that works OK then something is

    demodubious, May 3, 2007