    Can anyone tell me if single sided will work with this motherboard?

    thanks,
    RR

    RR, Aug 20, 2003

  2. RR

    steven67@ Guest

    ..

    A single-sided 256MB DIMM will not work properly with the FB11 motherboard.
    This board uses an Intel 440BX chipset. The 440BX chipset supports chip
    densities up to 128Mbits. A single-sided 256MB DIMM would use 256Mbit or
    larger chips. You will need a 256MB DIMM that uses sixteen 16Mx8(128Mbits)
    chips--eighteen chips if ECC.

    Crucial guarantees that these DIMMs will be compatible with the FB11:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?model=FB11&DetailMB=Y&cat=RAM

    steven67@, Aug 20, 2003