    Can anyone tell me if single sided will work with this motherboard?

    thanks,
    RR

    RR, Aug 20, 2003

  2. RR

    steven67@ Guest

    RR wrote:

    > I have a FIC FB11 with 128MB DIMMS.
    >
    > I want to replace one or more with 256MB DIMMS.
    >
    > My supplier wasn't sure whether the FB11 will accept 256MB single sided
    > DIMMS.
    >
    > Apparently 256MB double sided is more compatible, but it's more expensive.
    >
    > I've checked the FB11 compatibility report at FIC, but they only seem to
    > have tested with 256MB double sided.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if single sided will work with this motherboard?
    >
    > thanks,
    > RR

    ..

    A single-sided 256MB DIMM will not work properly with the FB11 motherboard.
    This board uses an Intel 440BX chipset. The 440BX chipset supports chip
    densities up to 128Mbits. A single-sided 256MB DIMM would use 256Mbit or
    larger chips. You will need a 256MB DIMM that uses sixteen 16Mx8(128Mbits)
    chips--eighteen chips if ECC.

    Crucial guarantees that these DIMMs will be compatible with the FB11:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?model=FB11&DetailMB=Y&cat=RAM

    steven67@, Aug 20, 2003