    permits. Meanwhile, I'd use the drive mentioned above.
    Thanks for any help.
    Gibby

    Gibby, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Gibby

    Robert Akins Guest

    Absolutely. Download the driver from Promise first, and follow its'
    instructions (I don't remember if you install the driver first or not).
    Install the card first with no drives connected to it so Windows can detect
    it and set up the driver. Then shut down the computer and transfer your
    hard drive to the Promise controller. Restart the computer and go into the
    BIOS and set boot sequence to SCSI first (I'm assuming it's the same as the
    503+). Save changes and exit, and you should be good to go.
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Gibby

    Gibby Guest

    Robert Akins:
    As usual, you're a wealth of information willing to impart it with
    others. Greatly appreciated! Gibby

    Gibby, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Gibby

    Gibby Guest

    Robert:
    Will the Promise Ultra 100 tx2 controller work too? I really don't
    know the difference between the Ultra 100 and the Ultra 100 tx2.
    Thank you,
    Gibby

    Gibby, Oct 16, 2003