File acess / umask on Mac Os X Server 10.3

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Thomas Moseler, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Hello everyone !

    I'm having another problem with Mac
    OS Server 10.3.
    I anyone creates a new file or opens
    an existing one on the server, the rights for this file
    are changed to rw/r/r for owner/group/everyone.

    This is not practicable, because it's not
    possible that way that two people work on
    the same file.

    As I learned meanwhile, this is called umask.
    How do I set the default in a way, that every
    new or changed file/folder is by default
    rw/rw/r ?

    Is there a menu option or does it have
    to be done via Unix command ?

    Thanks
    Thomas

    Thomas Moseler, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Thomas Moseler

    Greg Shenaut Guest

    Check out the thread on "What features do u want to see in OS X 10.4" in
    this newsgroup--there's a discussion of this buried down in there.

    The short answer is to use "defaults write -g NSUmask 2".

    Greg Shenaut

    Greg Shenaut, Jun 17, 2004