filter driver ?

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Lior, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Lior

    Lior Guest

    Hello guys,

    My name is Lior.
    I need your help with a project I am currently working on.
    I need to catch sound traveling from the modems speaker phone to the
    sound board (SB).
    the sound is not traveling with wave-in/out commands but in a certain
    driver level, cause all of the sound when a conversation is started,
    is directed to the SB automatically (even when I track the number of
    current active streams, with my SB monitor program, I don't see any
    change in the number of streams when the call is beginning, meaning it
    is all done in a lower level, so I think).
    As I said, I need to capture that sound so I can decide what to do
    with it - transfer it somewhere else or let it pass me to the SB.

    I understand that I need to develop a filter driver, after reading
    much on KS I still don't know which layer a filter driver I need. Is
    it a lower level filter driver (below the functional driver) ? or an
    upper filter driver (above the functional driver) ?

    Please help.

    p.s
    I also need to simulate a mic connected to the SB.
    Meaning fooling the SB that he gets sound from the mic-in jack when
    actually I am transmitting to him sound from a socket.
    Can that be done in the same filter driver ??

    Thanks in advance,
    Lior Knaany.

    Lior, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Lior

    Max Paklin Guest

    Filtering KS drivers is not documented and is not supported.
    See archieves. This topic has been discussed to death in the past.

    -- Max.

    Max Paklin, Jul 21, 2006