    how to solve this situation.

    Thanks Markus

    System: Powerbook G4 1.33 256MB Mac OS X 10.3.5

    Markus Pfeifenberger, Sep 30, 2004

  2. I had the same problem on my dual 1.25GHz G4.

    My solution was to install from my 10.3 DVD media, and then to upgrade
    to 10.3.5 via the Combo package, not the smaller the client package.

    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxcombinedupdate_10_3_5_.html

    Dr Chris McDonald E:
    Computer Science & Software Engineering W: http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~chris
    The University of Western Australia, M002 T: +618 6488 2533
    Crawley, Western Australia, 6009 F: +618 6488 1089

    Chris McDonald, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Markus Pfeifenberger

    clvrmnky Guest

    Login as another admin user and move your ~/Library/Preferences
    directory to ~/Library/Preferences.SAVED. I find this easiest to do via
    the Terminal.

    Then, using Fast User Switching, see if you can login as yourself again.

    If it works, then you have a preference that is causing a problem.
    Isolating it will be a chore, but you can probably move most of them
    back into the new ~/Library/Preferences until you spot the problem.

    If you want, you can just move the prefs related to the Finder and UI
    startup, though I always forget which ones those are. One of them is
    named something odd.

    clvrmnky, Oct 1, 2004