Firewall asking over and over?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Steven Fisher, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. I keep getting asked over and over for the same applications. I don't
    mean weird ones, I mean things like iChat and iChatAgent. Any thoughts?

    Steven Fisher, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Oh, sorry. 10.5.1's application firewall.

    Steven Fisher, Nov 20, 2007

  3. Hmm, I have iChat set to launch on login, so maybe that is the problem.
    Not much I can do about that, though.

    Steven Fisher, Nov 20, 2007
  4. I imagine it's probably Bonjour chatting. iChatAgent is listening on
    port 51921 (sudo lsof -i -P | grep -i "listen").

    I think iChat listens only when you're trying to start an A/V chat.

    Steven Fisher, Nov 21, 2007
  5. This sounded good, but I'm now noticing the firewall asks for iChat
    every time I start it: Even if I start it, Allow, quit, and start iChat
    again immediately.

    I've tried removing iChat from the firewall list and adding it again,
    but that doesn't seem to help.

    Steven Fisher, Nov 21, 2007