    around, it seems this is a known problem with the A7N8X.

    My question - is ASUS working on this and is there a possible BIOS
    fix coming? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a PCI firewire card?

    BB, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Hello There is some sort of firewire fix on the ASUS FTP-site. Maybe you
    should try installing that? You can find it here:
    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/CHIPSATZ/NVIDIA/1394_filter.zip

    It is a fix for SONY DV-IN, but maybe it works for non-SONY DVs too. Neither
    of you wrote what brands you cameras are... :-(

    Regards,
    Steen

    Steen Brusgaard, Jun 24, 2003

  3. BB

    BB Guest

    Steen -

    THANK YOU! It works perfectly now.

    (Yes, I am using a Sony TRV22 camcorder).

    Gratefully,
    -BB

    BB, Jun 25, 2003
  4. BB

    sfs sisi Guest

    It works well for me too.
    I've got a sony trv22.
    But do we have to execute " toggle 1" each time we use the dv-in capacity?

    sfs sisi, Jun 25, 2003
  5. BB

    BB Guest

    After I installed the driver and ran the toggle command, it still wasn't working,
    so I rebooted. It worked fine after the boot without having to re-run the toggle.

    BB, Jun 26, 2003