    the firmware password. Does anyone know how to reset it?
    --- Thanks,
    R. Meyer

    Robert Meyer, Jun 8, 2008

  2. Robert Meyer

    Robert Meyer Guest

    So, I should have been a bit more clear.
    There is no OS. They came minus drives,
    and we have put drives in, but of course
    there's no system on them yet. The goal
    is to boot from CD and install a system.

    So, when it fails to boot from the disk,
    hitting STOP-A brings up this message:
    Type go, boot, or login.
    Trying to boot CD, it asks for a password.
    ---R. Meyer

    Robert Meyer, Jun 9, 2008

  3. I don't know if this is valid any longer, but it used to work.

    http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

    Have Fun!
    Reg

    Reginald Beardsley, Jun 9, 2008