    Or my only recourse is to throw out that 80GB HDD?

    Thanks,
    Sam

    silenceseeker2003, Oct 1, 2007

  2. silenceseeker2003

    Ben Myers Guest

    An SATA drive will not fit into a 600e chassis or any other laptop which uses
    IDE drives. If you want to get some use out of the 80GB drive, you can buy an
    external USB case for it. Otherwise, sell it... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 1, 2007

  3. silenceseeker2003

    PJ Guest

    Oh gosh, hang onto it. In the end, the guy
    with the most stuff wins! :)

    That drive does have a licensed OS on it,
    might make a good spare if the new one dies
    or, wipe the OS and play with Linux on this
    old drive.

    PJ, Oct 4, 2007